Is it a mirage?
Astute watchers in the property sector in
feel that the bubble is not as big as it seems. According to prominent
investors in Patna ,
brokerage firms in Patna
and property developers in Patna ,
there are certain factors which are failing to add the right tempering to the
real estate markets in Patna . Patna
- It is quite evident that the funds brought in by the foreign investors are only a small percentage of the promised amounts.
resistance from real estate purchasers and the soaring prices of land are
cutting deeply into the investor's margins, making real estate ventures
less lucrative than expected in
lethargy coupled with red tape, opaqueness in regulations and the absence
of insurance title prove to be other concerns for real estate investors in
According to reports:
- Investors are putting their money in residential deals rather than commercial ones.
players are showing an increasing preference towards the metros rather
than class II cities like
in the hope of better liquidity and higher returns. Patna
- The investments are being made on the basis of the assumption that real estate prices in Patna will not change in the near future.
- Investors are looking towards projects which have all approvals and licenses in place and are expected to have short cycles. The assurance of quick and stable returns is guiding their purchase and investment decisions.
are also having a greater say in the prices of projects. This is
decreasing the scope for automatic price correction or defining of prices
by the developers in
The current situation is raising fears of an overheated economy and real estate bubble. This has inspired the central banks to initiate a lender cutback on the amounts sanctioned for real estate loans. The act has caused an upward escalation in the rates of interest and lowered the attractiveness of home financing for consumers. As a result, the cost of home and office rentals along with their purchase price has ended up touching unprecedented heights in
So where does this scenario leave the investors and property purchasers in
real estate companies are privately held and do not disclose their financial health to investors and buyers in Patna . The inability to read the right signals in the absence of readily available information on products such as retail outlets, industrial property, residential apartments and offices is causing grave concerns in the minds of the investors in Patna . Patna
- Rumors related to the misfiring of a large deal or reports of distress sales by prominent property developers is further adding to the confusion in investor sentiments.
- Numerous speculative deals taking place in the hope of making faster and better gains
- The rising cost of construction with respect to raw material, labor and other costs
- An unexpected hike in the excise prices
- Increase in service tax rates
- The escalation in land prices
The present scenario in the Patna real estate market is raising concerns with regard to future profit margins for investors too. Contrary to the figures in the past two years, when increasing valuation in property yielded returns as high as 30-40% on investments, the expected returns in the days to come are not expected to go higher than 15-20% in Patna property market.
According to analysts in
this is a good time for purchasing real estate in Patna
intended for long-term investment and end use. The cyclical nature of the
markets is expected to push up the residential property rates in the next three
years in Patna .
If the investment horizon is greater than this period then it makes good
business sense to invest in property in Patna . Patna
The decision to purchase property in the emerging areas of
should be backed by a complete analysis of the demand-supply forecasts and
infrastructure plans for the region. As far as capital appreciation and rental
yields are concerned, mid-range houses are expected to provide better returns
than luxury apartments or premium property purchased at discounted prices in
emerging areas of Patna . Patna